Thursday, August 25, 2011

back again

This week is the first week 'back' to school for the new school year. I say 'back' because I never really left for a long summer break. That said, I do work from home for the majority of the time in the summer, so my summer schedule is different from my typical schedule, and it's already been an adjustment being away from home 12 hours a day instead of 0.

Other than that, I'm doing lots of the same things. This semester I'm taking another statistics course (Structural Equation Modeling--I don't know what it is either). I'm working on writing up the results of some of the research I did last year, and I'm coming up with new research ideas.

One nice thing about being back on campus is that I get to play basketball twice a week. As usual, I took the summer of from competitive basketball (but still shot around in the gym a few times a week). I played on Monday. On Tuesday I realized, given the many protestations from my body, that I'm old. But that won't stop me from playing tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a great comment and was so graciously complimentary to you and your Father-in-law about basketball and poof I pressed a key that sent me into a time-warp from which I returned a changed and scary little cyber monkey these things can mess with an already questionable mind...

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure but I think that cyber monkey is your father... you will get back in top basketball form in no time Max! Can't imagine studying stats--thank goodness for people like you with that special math gene. Love ya! Mom

Randy et Jan said...

Basketball rules!!! Or so I've been told. Jan