Wednesday, August 17, 2011

man's best friend

Two evenings ago, Sarah and I were sitting on the couch watching TV. Barney was sleeping on the arm of the couch nearest to me. Everything was peaceful, but when the show ended, I said something snarky to Sarah about going to bed. She lunged at me, threatening a windmill punch. (Over-react much?). Barney sprang to my aid and starting barking at her. Thanks pal.

Yesterday, we were again watching TV. Barney was sleeping in the same spot and everything was again at peace. When the show ended, Sarah said something snarky to me about going to bed. I started tickling her, and she starting screaming and writhing on the couch (I guess because she liked it). Barney again leaped from his perch. Instead of helping Sarah in her time of need as he'd done for me the day before, he jumped on her and pawed at her armpits. Thanks pal.

I have trained you well, grasshopper.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Barney has aligned himself as "one of the guys"... after all, he gets picked on by female cats all day! Or maybe he has aligned himself with the one he considers his "dominant captor" (some sort or psychological syndrome). Or maybe you are just his "favorite person" right now! :) Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

of. I meant to say "some sort of", not or. Mom again

Anonymous said...

MAN AND BEAST FOREVER...

Randy et Jan said...

Guys just like to tickle girls.

Sarah said...

I protest.