Tuesday, May 10, 2011

September it is

One coat of primer and three coats of paint later, the outside of the cabinets are done. I still have to paint the final coat inside the cabinets, and put 2-3 coats inside the drawers, but I think I'm making progress. A little: I also still have to get new pulls (or repaint the old ones, I can't decide) and put all the hardware back on (hinges, pulls, etc.).

Yesterday, I put what may be the coat of on the walls and ceiling. I still have to do some touchup and paint the trim, but that shouldn't be nearly as difficult as what I've done so far. I think I took for granted how many nooks and crannies we have in the kitchen (two levels of ceiling, several outcroppings, lots of corners, etc.). Painting the ceiling a different color (white) than the walls (light blue) may have been a little too ambitious.

I'd hoped to finish my project before I head back to school today for the start of my summer classes, but I didn't quite make it. I guess I'll have to shoot for September. Oh well, painting will be a nice distraction from statistics. Or maybe vice versa.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have been busy. I like the choice of the blue with white ceilings. And, get new knobs. Home Depot or Lowe's have nice ones that are cheap. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I hate painting trim!You have to be meticulous and tape everything and be patient and all that stuff--worse than dusting but, better than fasting. :P M

Anonymous said...

Home ownership is fascinating. Thank you for the updates now and into infinity and beyond...

Randy et Jan said...

We want PICTURES!!!!