Friday, May 06, 2011

Home Improvement

I've been busy since Tuesday 'remodeling' the kitchen. Really all I'm doing is painting the walls, cabinets, and ceilings, but there's a lot of tricky/tedious prep work. First I had to take the cabinets apart. Then I had to remove 50-year-old wallpaper. That latter part took two days. Then I had to wash everything (walls, cabinets, ceiling, etc.). Twice. A lot of grease and grime builds up after a half-century of use. Then I had to sand everything. Then I had to wipe everything down. Then I had to fill 50 years worth of nail holes.

After three days, I've finally reached the point where I can get a stomach ache...I mean start applying primer to the walls (maybe I'm not allergic to paint anymore?).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how much unsung prep work goes into a job like that. Sure hope you have outgrown that allergy! Your dad and I worked ourselves silly today clipping the fuzzy branches off the pine trees you guys planted all those years ago. The woods looks a lot less like a Dr Suess horror movie, but my hands won't stop shaking! We cleared out a camping spot next to the woods--might even camp there tonight! Love, M

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're not letting "staple-gate" hold you back!

Anonymous said...

Impressive undertaking. Just don't let thoughts of an undertaker in! Ha! Ha! Jabron

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I am sure this will be something to be proud of and practice for future projects...