Friday, December 03, 2010

have you tried... actually studying?

I got an email from a student yesterday. She said she wasn't doing well in one of her psychology classes and was "desperate" to do well on her upcoming final. She was hoping to set up a "tutoring" appointment with me for the night before the exam. She said she would be wiling to pay me $20 "or more" per hour for a maximum of 2 hours. Aside from the fact that it would be a sticky ethical situation for me to take money from a student, the crux of this story is that the final isn't for two more weeks. Here's what I wanted to say:

Dear Student,

Here's a study tip. You know that time between the exam and right now? How about you use that to... LEARN THE MATERIAL YOURSELF. k thnks bye.

Sincerely,

The Study Police


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She does know you're married...right?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...kids! I'll bet her time is tightly scheduled-with parties- between now and exam time :) Mom