Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ATTENTION

Jet lag got to me tonight. I woke up around 1 AM when Sarah got up to blow her nose or her butt or something, and suddenly I was wide awake. I tossed and turned for an hour and a half, but I knew from the beginning I wasn't going to get back to sleep. Now it's 4 AM, and the cat and I are the only people awake. I wish I had a bullhorn.

ATTENTION. I AM BORED. THAT IS ALL.

In a few hours, we're going to leave for a brief road trip. Our initial plan was to spend a few days driving around Italy. We were going to see Rome, Venice, and Pompeii. A while back, we amended that plan and decided to see the south of France instead. Then we were hit by the great European 'blizzard' of 2010.

ATTENTION. THERE ARE EIGHT INCHES OF SNOW IN SOME PLACES--BUT NOT HERE--EVERYONE PANIC. I REPEAT, EVERYONE PANIC. FRANCE IS NOW CLOSED. KTHNKSBYE.

Now we're going to stay in the Alsace-Lorraine region. We'll hit Strasbourg first. It's pretty close by, and it's a pretty interesting city. It's the seat of the European Parliament; the former home of the German poet and philosopher Goethe; and the place where Gutenberg perfected and unveiled the printing press. The two days after that we'll be in Metz and Nancy, two cities that are known for things.

ATTENTION. SOMEONE WAKE UP AND MAKE ME BREAKFAST. ATTENTION.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, that's the Max we know and love! Merry Christmas! Love, mom