Monday, October 25, 2010

fool me once...

This morning as I was leaving the house, Mowgli rolled over on her back in front of me and squeaked out a meow, pleading to be petted. When I bent down to rub her stomach, she snapped her jaws shut and chomped on my hand. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't really out of character. But then I drove to my friend's house to pick him up for school. I went inside for a minute while I waited for him to finish putting his dogs away, and his cat, who has only recently started letting me get close enough to touch her, looked up at me and meowed to be petted. When I bent down close enough for her to reach me, she, too, gnawed on my hand. I know what you might be thinking, and, no, I didn't have tuna for breakfast. (Don't be gross).

4 comments:

Randy et Jan said...

Somebody needs coffee in the morning! (I meant you, not the cats.....although...)

Anonymous said...

maybe all that yoga is making you catlike? mom

Anonymous said...

Bad karma...demonic forces...cats are evil...

Anonymous said...

Train a dog to hunt mice and cats would be doomed...