Tuesday, October 26, 2010

granted

Yesterday, I spent a few hours working on grant proposals. Nothing too fancy, just some internal funding from the university that helps to pay for graduate student travel to psychology conferences. Best case scenario, I'll get $900 and a few new lines for my CV (resume). Worst case scenario, I wasted a few hours. I also started doing some work on a new study I'm getting ready to launch. I'm going to look at one small way that language might influence altruism. If it works, it will show the importance of using humanizing language to describe people (and dogs) who are in need of aid. More on that as things progress...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like neat things to pray for...

Randy et Jan said...

I'll never take you for granted.

Anonymous said...

I think the end result of all this studying is that you will be a persuasive fellow! Your dad is watching the world series tonight, wonder if you are too? mom