Monday, September 27, 2010

tragic irony

I read the following headline today: "Segway Owner Drives Off A Cliff, Dies" Tragic? Yes. Newsworthy? I wasn't so sure. Then I read the article and understood what I'd missed: The owner of the Segway wasn't just the owner of a Segway, he was the owner of all of them. That's right, he was the owner of Segway the company, not just the owner of Segway the scooter. Talk about a bad PR move: driving your flagship product off a cliff is not the way to generate sales. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard that too!...will probably be the butt of many late night jokes...poor guy! Mom

Anonymous said...

Bummer. Remind me to never ride one!

Anonymous said...

I am mostly speechless out of respect for his family, but David Letterman will figure out what to say...