Thursday, October 07, 2010

oops...I didn't realize I was going to Hell

Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Seminary, recently wrote an essay about the evils of yoga. John MacArthur, a famous conservative Christian apologist, and himself a president of a seminary, agrees. He calls yoga a "false religion." Although Mohler's main problems with the practice are its roots in eastern religions and its encouragement of meditation, he also believes that the exercise itself is a sin. After all, he says, "you're just not doing yoga."

Question: is it a sin to be an ignorant turd? After all, you're not just being an ignorant turd.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, well he's right in that I am "not just doing yoga"--when I do yoga, I meditate upon the Lord while listening to a sermon and music on WMPC, a very baptist-friendly radio station. Most mornings yoga time is the most Holy Spirit focused part of my day! Goes to show that ignorance isn't always bliss! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I hear you. If we threw out of our lives any and all things that have a dubious beginning (Christmas trees) or some relationship to evil, (computers) there would be nothing left. However, if a new or sensitive believer had a problem with something I'm doing, I'd have to consider their feelings in the spirit of love. Love, the other mom

Anonymous said...

Stupid is as stupid does. I think the same would apply to turds.