Friday, September 24, 2010

at least there's sleep

The second I tried to start working today, my computer refused to connect to the internet. After an hour working on it, I went to the university help desk to get, you know, 'help.' They tried all the things I did (something tells me they didn't believe me when I said, "I already tried that."), and couldn't find the problem. Their advice: Macs don't work very well. Buy a PC or install Windows 7. Given that this is contrary to every experience I've ever had with my Mac, I didn't. I ended up fixing it myself after another half hour. (Thanks for the 'help.') Then I had trouble turning in (electronically) a paper I'd written because of file formatting issues that I don't need to born you with. After I got stuck in traffic on the way home, things really started to go downhill (email related). Long story short, I'm glad the day is over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can only imagine your parents attempt at technology related issues...does this fact make you feel a bit more blessed...

Anonymous said...

Many nights I am glad to sink into my pillow, ready for a fresh start tomorrow--and when tomorrow is Saturday, all the better! Mom

Randy et Jan said...

Mercies and compassions.... they're new every morning! Thankfully.