Saturday, September 18, 2010

mine is the louder one

The other day I was driving to school, minding my own business, when a utility truck pulled out in front of me, slammed on its brakes, and parked in the middle of the road. Two construction workers got out and started slowly pulling tools out of the back while chatting with each other. I was a little annoyed, but I was minding my own business and concentrating on finding an opening in the traffic in the other lane so I could get on with my commute. After about a minute of this, the the guy behind me honked.

One of the construction workers looked up, stared into my car, moved closer, and started cussing me out (loudly enough that I could hear through the closed windows of the car and above the traffic noise of the busy street).  Just then I spotted an opening in the traffic, and I pulled around the truck to go on my way. Not, of course, before I gave him a good long honk. You know, so that he could hear the difference between my horn and the horn from the guy behind me.

Let's just be glad he didn't have time to go for the gun he was inevitably carrying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might he have recorded his license plate number in his muscled brain...

Anonymous said...

I get really annoyed with traffic on my commute also. Sometimes I wish cars had some kind of capacity to flash helpful messages at each other, like, for the person who cuts in front of you, "Get your big car butt out of my face" and such, but it's probably better in the long run for us to just seeth quietly in our cars! Was great talking to you yesterday! We got home from Caseville today, exhausted, but had lots of fun...Love ya, Mom

Randy et Jan said...

Good thing everything you do is motivated by logic!!