Saturday, September 13, 2008

When I suggested that my behaviorally-oriented professors were using too many behavior modification techniques in teaching my classes, I didn't realize that they are actually required to do so by their certifying board.

From the Behavior Analysts Code of Ethical Conduct:
5.07 Providing Behavior Analysis Principles in Teaching

The behavior analyst utilizes as many principles of behavior analysis in teaching a course as the material, conditions, and academic policies allow.
What!? So, I'm confused. Is this a cult or a science? I'm going to go ahead and cry foul over illegal wedding of church and state. Stop trying to shape me with your voodoo, or I will have to show you the love of Christ during class. Then you'll be sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good observation! Jabron

Anonymous said...

Behavior modification....isn't it another term for "parenting?" Jan

Anonymous said...

B.F. Skinner may come back to haunt (behaviorally modify) you if you keep this up...