Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I have a few minutes before I have to leave for my 7AM meeting, and I thought I'd share a quick story. I've don't know my new students very well yet, but I'm becoming familiar with one of them pretty quickly. On the first day of class, he came a few minutes late. No big deal. He wasn't wearing shoes. No big deal. And he was carrying a glass of beer. I knew it was beer because I said, "So ... that must be apple juice, right?" To which he replied, "If you want it to be." Big deal? I'm not really sure...

Yesterday, he asked me, "Hey, how hard do you think it would be to nab a bike from Wal-Mart?" (As in, steal.) More on him as things develop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they WILL develop! Surprise him with love! Mom

Anonymous said...

Let the intervention begin...

Anonymous said...

ahhhh haha that was hilarious. this kid sounds like he should be in a movie and not real life. i can't believe his comment about the beer... you gonna bust him?

Anonymous said...

I feel sympathy for this poor guy, knowing that life will be cruel to him.

Anonymous said...

Either he is stupid or is trying to get a rise from you. Jabron.