Thursday, May 17, 2007

Is anyone else appalled by Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, and the rest of the San Antonio Jerks? I mean Spurs (no, I meant Jerks). If I was playing pickup basketball with those guys, I'd want to punch them and would probably go find a new place to play. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, know this: they know what they did, and they should be ashamed of themselves. Then again, this might sound hypocritical coming from a fan of a basketball team that has been nicknamed, "The Bad Boys." Whatever. The Bad Boys may have played dirty basketball, but they were men about it. If they wanted to injure you, you knew about it. There was no "oops, I accidentally just put my knee in your crotch, I'm so sorry (this means you Bruce Bowen!)" and no "oops, I accidentally just kicked you from behind while you were going in for an easy dunk (again, this means you Mr. Bowen)." If a Bad Boy wanted to hurt you, he did it like a man, by slamming you on the ground and/or putting his elbow in your face.

Here's to hoping that the Spurs take a long walk off a short pier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was very unprofessional of them. It cheapens any win. Jabron.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...your sense of fairness and fair play shines through. I use to have an old saying when I was a young basketball player, "if you can't play wear nice shoes." In the NBA they can all play and play very well, but some hang around by going beyond through under the rules...

Anonymous said...

Dirty players are only loved by the home team...remember Dave of Sky King infamy.

Anonymous said...

What a violent sport! Glad I don't watch it! Jan

Sandi said...

We don't like the spurs either. We are a Mavs family.