Friday, May 18, 2007

The menu listing seemed innocuous (and tasty) enough:

RANCH HOUSE BURGER
Pieces of Steak, Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions, Crisp Bacon and Cheddar Cheese on Top of Our Classic Burger. Served with Fries

Today, Sarah, Peter, and I went to the Cheesecake Factory (a local chain eatery) for dinner (we had a giftcard...). I wasn't in the mood for a serious, sit-down meal, so I went for what I thought would be a moderately-sized, classic hamburger. As it turns out, my burger/monstrosity included a whole steak, 6 pieces of bacon, a 1 lb. hamburger patty, cheese, a single lettuce leaf, and a paper-thin slice of tomato. What the menu also failed to mention is how every burger comes with chest pains. And I didn't even force myself to eat the whole thing (which, I'd like to point out, I most certainly could have). I do love to eat food, but I also love to live: I'll be more careful next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cholesterol Burger! Jan

Anonymous said...

My brother, Dave says to try next time the Fish Tacos. Maybe as much cholesterol but it sounds healthier! Jan

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read the part of your burger coming with chest pain...I also (sometimes) laugh out loud at funerals. I hope to get a meal such as what you described...hummmmmmgh.

Anonymous said...

Homer Simpson comes to mind. Did you order a cheesecake dessert?