Monday, February 12, 2007

Today I tried to call and make an appointment for an MRI. The first time I called, I listened to about 5 minutes of an automated message system. Eventually, I was forwarded to the radiology scheduling department. There, a recorded message informed me that everyone was out to lunch. An hour later, I called back. After 5 more minutes of the automated message system, I was put on hold. A few minutes later, the system hung up on me. I called back a little while later; after 5 minutes with the automated message system, I was put on hold again. For a few minutes, there was soft music and an assuring voice, which told me to stay on the line, because my call was important to them and would be answered in the order it was received. Eventually, the music went away, and I could only hear static. I stayed on the line for a few more minutes (maybe 10) but eventually hung up. Better luck next time. I love hospitals.

No comments: