Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'd planned to write something interesting today, and I waited patiently for that something to happen, but it never did. Here's what really happened.


I woke up at 6:45 AM with a savage creature staring unblinkingly in my face. Its steamy breath smelled like rotten salmon; its enormous teeth were stained jaundice-yellow; its beady eyes looked sadly soulless. I cringed, preparing for a crashing blow from one of the beast's massive paws. The first glanced off my shoulder, and I quickly rolled over and buried my head under my pillow, naively seeking its scant protection. Angered, the beast tore at my blankets, scattering them about the room. I rolled over once more and found myself cornered between the leviathan and an unforgiving wall. In a last ditch effort to save myself, I managed a moan: "Five more minutes. Just five more minutes." But she was relentless: "You're going to make us late!" came the annoyed reply.

Happy Valentine's Day Sarah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The honeymoon is definitely over! "Happy Valentine's Day!"
Jabron.

Anonymous said...

I bearly get it...