Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Well, after hounding our insurance agent for 11 days, he's decided that our loss isn't worthy of coverage. Our apartment complex has, of course, denied responsibility as well and has no plans to compensate us for our loss. A friend of a friend who is a lawyer initially told me that it was a "no-brainer" that the complex should pay. I called this friend of a friend back, and he seemed less sure, suggesting that I take up the matter in small claims court. So, I could threaten to sue and make my and Sarah's life miserable for the next few months (arranging witnesses, gathering receipts and pictures, making court dates, paying fees, etc., etc.), or I could just bend over and take it up the tailpipe, trying to clean mold off our ruined things as I accept our lot in silence. I have to go look for the bleach...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi son...just a reminder, the meek shall inherit the earth. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Think of your wonderful new apartment when you feel taken advantage and then say a prayer for all the poor, destitute, and victims of tsunami, hurricanes, and disease. It ain't preachy, but I feel a song comin'...Count your blesssings say them one by one... It does make you wonder why we pay insurance...