Tuesday, July 25, 2006

If you hadn’t noticed, it’s been quite some time since I posted. Blogger has been giving me some trouble lately, and, in addition, I haven’t felt particularly inspired. It’s no excuse, of course, but that’s my excuse. Sarah and I have been hanging around the house, in a sort of, it’s-too-hot-to-do-anything-let’s-hang-around-the-house kind of stupor. There have been times that we’ve done things: we take perfunctory walks in the evening. I say perfunctory, but we do enjoy them; of particular note is a trail that winds through the vineyards in the hills above town; I’ll post pictures of the view at some point. Perhaps.

Randy and I have also been playing basketball in the evenings. Yesterday we played at BFA, and then we all (Jan and Sarah too) went to dinner at the Greek restaurant in Kandern. This particular restaurant has a name; however, I don’t know it, because everyone just refers to it as, “The Greek Restaurant”. In any case, the food was great: Sarah ordered her usual (gyros), and I had pork stuffed with goat cheese via Jan’s recommendation. Both the pork and recommendation receive my approval. Tonight, we play more basketball, this time in France, and tomorrow marks our last full day on this leg of the vacation.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That goat cheese and meat doesn't sound terribly appetizing. Mike and Gayle are home today!

Anonymous said...

Basketball and food...yes!