Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I read a news story today about a homeless man in Michigan who found $21,000 in savings bonds. The man was searching for bottles to return and came across the bonds in a dumpster; he promptly turned the bonds in to an authority at his shelter, and the authority tracked down the original owner. The owner gave the man a $100 reward, but people from around the nation (and especially around Detroit, where the homeless man lives) have chipped in to give almost $4,000 to the good samaritan. Even people who are homeless have morals (think about the implications of giving away $21,000 when you personally own $0). What a concept. You can read the whole story here, but I just told you the whole thing.

Blogger is currently being persnickety, but, later, I'll try and post some (unrelated) pictures. Today will probably be my last opportunity for a while, as Mom and Dad's internet connection is not, shall we say, supportive of my picture-posting efforts; though, as soon as we re-enter U.S. soil, I will be able to post via cell phone again...

2 comments:

Hannah said...

That is awesome about that homeless guy. Hopefully he loves God and will be rewarded later too!

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't anybody throw out gold anymore? I have been looking and looking and looking...maybe a dumpster.