Friday, July 21, 2006

Today I got an email with my first syllabus for the M.T.S. I was presently surprised when I bought my books via Amazon: I only had to spend $34. At Calvin, I'm pretty sure I couldn't have gotten the dust jacket for one of my textbooks for that price. Although that's not entirely fair, this was very, very cheap.

This particular class is Introduction to Theology and Ethics. It only meets 3 times (a weekend class), and I have a 15 page paper due on the first day. Whoops. Mom and Dad, if you're listening (and I know you are), there should be some books arriving at your house in the next few days. Just thought I'd get a jump on things.

In other news, it's still hot here, so we're not doing to much today (other than being sticky). Yesterday, Randy and I played some more basketball with the locals, and then we met up with Sarah and Jan downtown (or uptown, or in town; in any case, it's a few hundred yards from where the Kents live). Guebwiller was having a festival of some sort; there were people selling food, live music, traditional Alsacian dancers (which I missed; too bad), and, of course, traditional tourist crap such as purses made from beads that fall off and jewelry made from rocks that fall off. I came away from it with a kebab, so it all worked out in the end.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

a kebab..atleast with the jewelry and purses it lasts more than two seconds and it doesn't turn into POOP...just thought I'd make that observation.

Anonymous said...

Poo..is such an offensive word. I wish another choice in the future.