Monday, January 23, 2006

Let’s just pretend that I posted this comment on Friday instead of Monday (there’s a long story/excuse about a pep assembly and a lot of walking and lunch with my pastor and more walking and blah blah, but I’m not going to tell that story). We lost the game by 12. Several fans complained about the officials. I tried to converse with one official; he became very defensive and yelled at me. At one point, within earshot of my player, one official said to the other, “I hate that kid”. Very professional. I’m not blaming the officials for the loss: my team is full of great athletes who can’t seem to put the ball in the hole (at this point, they have less basketball experience than could be desired). All in all, the team played hard; I was proud of them. What we need is a Kobe Bryant who will score 81 points a game for us (see espn.com, it was incredible).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, when the official said, "I hate that kid" was he referring to the coach or a player?

Max said...

I'm sure he said something about the coach at some point, but, just then, he was referring to the player.