Friday, July 08, 2011

there's no such thing as a free lunch


It's 6:16 PM. It's 106º. It's so hot, in fact, that I'm going insane. Let me outline the evidence for you.
1) Today is Chick-Fil-A's annual "cow appreciation day."
a) If you dress like a cow, they give you free a free meal.
b) Another way of saying this is that they give you a free meal if dress like a jackass.
2) I have a long history of refusing to be a jackass (or a cow).
a) For example, I refused to do this last year, even when Sarah went without me.
3) Today, I did not refuse.
They say the food is free, but that's not true. There's a social cost. Oh, also, a little part of your soul dies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its obvious that you need something to do.

Randy et Jan said...

C'est vachement drôle!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...please can I post this to facebook?? Too funny! You must have really wanted some free chicken! hehe Mom