Saturday, March 05, 2011

the usuals

I've spent the last 10 days or so doing typical things. I've been doing a little research here and there. I've made some more revisions to my thesis. I'm on my last draft before I will defend it in front of the committee (on March 30). I also played basketball three times this week. We won our first intramural playoff game via a mercy rule (we were up by 40 with 10 minutes to go). Game two is on Monday, and I think our competition is going to be much better.

I got some more good news this week. I was accepted for that special summer program I applied to back in November or December. I'll learn some specialized methods of data analysis and some other new techniques for research, and it will look nice on my CV. More importantly, we'll get to visit Matt and Rebekah for two weeks!

Today Sarah and I are going to go to the Cheesecake Factory to use a gift card she won a while back, so that should be fun. We're also planning on stopping at Costco and running a few errands, which is slightly less fun, but what are you going to do. At some point I also have to do the all of the spring yard work (trimming, giving the grass it's first mowing, etc.), but I think I'm in the process of seeing how long that can be put off...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is well in Max-and-Sarah-ville! What a bonus that you get to see Rebekah and Matt! It's weird that you are contemplating mowing your lawn--we are having freezing rain for the second time this week. This is when I especially love Michigan ;P I really do love YOU! Mom

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAY! How great you can visit with Matt and Rebekah! Have an extra piece of cheesecake! Jan

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting....anonymous dad