Sunday, March 20, 2011

back to the grind

Got back safely from Michigan last night a little before midnight, and it was balmy when I stepped out of the car. Maybe 70 degrees still. Twenty hours in the car definitely makes for a long trip, but the nice weather on our return was a pleasant surprise. The house was pretty much as we left it, with the addition of a role of paper towels knocked onto the floor and strewn about the kitchen. I guess the cats got a little bored.

I don't have too many plans for today. I think Sarah's going to do some cleaning, and I'll probably go to the store to get food so we can eat this week. I'm going to defend my thesis on Wednesday, a week earlier than I initially planned (I switched spots with someone else who needed a little more time). I'm basically ready for it, but I'm going to do a dry run with my advisor on Tuesday.

Other than that, things will go back to normal on Monday, and it will be back to the daily grind. Bummer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep back to the grind this morning! Miss you guys lots!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

We're praying all goes well Wed.!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for the LORD's Wisdom! Jabron