Friday, February 18, 2011

busy busy

I've been busy writing my thesis this past week. I really don't have all that much more to go. Just some polishing up to do, and then I have to make any changes that my advisor suggests. After I get done writing this first draft of the final version, it should take a few week to get it ready to defend before my committee, but I'm definitely about to enter the home stretch.

In other news, I may have broken my nose on Monday. It was, of course, during my intramural basketball game. I was playing defense, and the offensive guy was getting frustrated and slammed into me. I'm 90 % sure that it was an accident, though, that his head ended up hitting me right in the bridge of my nose. The only reason I doubt that it might have been an accident? He never apologized.

Anyway, I started to bruise immediately (so said my teammates). At halftime, I went to the bathroom to check it out in the mirror. It was definitely bruised. But it was also straighter than it used to be! Free nose jobs for everyone! Now, four days later, my nose is still purple and yellow, but it's definitely still straight. I'm not sure if it's just because of the swelling or the discoloration or what. I guess once everything goes away we'll find out.

Back to my thesis.

2 comments:

Randy et Jan said...

A nose job? Didn't think you needed one! You and Sarah are the MASTERS at getting ANYTHING free!!!!! Jan

Anonymous said...

You didn't even tell me when we spoke on the phone! Hopefully it will still be straight when all the swelling goes down...:)mom