Thursday, August 05, 2010

America the beautiful

I read a story in the news today about a Michigan man who passed out on his bed after drinking too much. He woke up a few hours later because his foot felt wet, and he looked down to see that his Jack Russell Terrier Kiko, who normally sleeps with him, had gnawed off half of his big toe.

The man, whose wife is a nurse, went to the hospital, where they diagnosed him with type II diabetes and a very diseased foot. Apparently, the dog had eaten only the part of the toe that was rotting, and he left alone all the parts that were still alive. The man was just happy that his dog had "saved his life," and he wondered how the dog had been smart enough to know to stop eating the toe at just the right spot. He also "joked" that he shouldn't have had to pay his hospital copay because the dog "did most of the work."

I would normally make some snarky comment here, but I think it's unnecessary at this point.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is the sickest thing I've ever read. Is the dog OK from eating rotting foot?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know. I always enjoy your snarky comments!!!