Thursday, July 22, 2010

the week in review

I'm always amazed when my air travel doesn't end in a fiery crash. So much so, in fact, that I regularly have bad dreams in which I'm on a plane that ends up crash landing somewhere. Sometimes I make it; sometimes I go straight to Hell. (That was an actual dream: my plane crashes; everything gets really dark; I'm under the assumption that I'm in Hell; I wake up moaning). Dreams are great.

Speaking of great things: we had a great time at Sarah's reunion. The hotel was really nice; the city was fun; and all of Sarah's classmates and their spouses were great company. It's too bad we don't live close to any of them. Actually, it's too bad we don't live close to anyone we are close with. I guess that's what we get for moving to a place where there are millions of people but no friends or relatives. Oops.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oops, indeed!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy flying even though it seems surreal to be hurtling high above the earth. I am always amazed. feel a little bit like I dodged a bullet upon landing. My recurring dream lately involves large old houses where the outdoors is indoors, lots of people around and I am looking for or doing various things without much success. I often dream I am getting killed and I try to redream it with a different ending...sleep is not always restful, that's for sure! Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Frued would love to dig into the mother/son anxiety angst psychosocial turmoil...

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Frued would love to dig into the mother/son anxiety angst psychosocial turmoil...

Anonymous said...

That really didn't need to be repeated, however in a dream it just might happen...