Friday, May 07, 2010

A brief series of unfortunate events:
  1. Drove 45 minutes to school this morning on a day off to have breakfast with my lab and adviser.
  2. Checked my email when I arrived and saw that my adviser was sick and rescheduled the breakfast for Tuesday.
  3. Returned to my new car and saw that someone had hit it, resulting in a series of 12-inch gashes in the paint and body in the lower driver's door.
  4. Drove 45 minutes home obsessing about the car in silence.
  5. Got home and re-assessed the damage: Not quite as bad as I kept imagining it, but still pretty ugly.
I have literally only driven the car 4 times since we bought it. And it's not one of those, "oh well, at least now you don't have to worry about it getting dinged up" moments. There were already two dings on the back bumper. Those were the "don't worry about it" dings. These gashes are ugly and deep, and I'm going to see them every single time I get in the car. At least it wasn't worse--but if it was, it probably would have been worth it to file the insurance claim and get it fixed. I'm pretty bummed out.

And I just got bitten by two mosquitoes.

3 comments:

Randy et Jan said...

I am so so sorry, Max. What a boob he was not to leave a note. I'm just assuming it wasn't a she!! Jan

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate when that happens?? (both incidences, especially the car) Wonder what it would cost to get it bumped out and touched up? Mom

Rebekah said...

aaarrrggg!! SO FRUSTRATING Max. so sorry. I hope the person who hit you also gets hit in a parking lot soon. karma.