Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The other day at the gas station, a van cut in front of me in line. I ended up at a pump at the same time as the van anyway, so I wans't terribly concerned. When an older gentleman (65ish) got out of the passenger seat, I laughingly said, "You kind of cut in front of me there, sir." His response? "You weren't in line, and you're dumb!"

Wow. Really? So I went about pumping my gas, and as I thought about it, I figured that they (an older woman was driving) could have made an honest mistake. I went over to say that it was ok if it had been an accident. "It wasn't an accident!," he said as me moved menacingly toward me. Really? Menacingly?

Then the woman got out of the car, walked right up to my face (all 4'10" of her), and gave me the finger. "Go back to your car, a**hole!," she shrilled as she told her husband to stop talking to "that piece of trash." I told him I was sorry for the life he must be living, and I walked away.

She followed me to my car, wrote down my license plate number, and yelled back to her husband, "Ohhhh, and he's a Yankee!!!" As if that explained my 'behavior.' Sorry to tell you lady: that war is over, and the Yankees won, so I guess that makes us all Yankees. Even those of us who are missing some teeth and are filled with vitriol and spite and perhaps demons or turds of some sort. I told her to "have a nice day," and I drove off.

In an unrelated matter, if anyone wants to get me a Taser for Christmas, I wouldn't turn it down.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't forget the part where I looked on in horror from the passenger seat and wondered when the toothless old man would pull out his shotgun....

Anonymous said...

These days it doesn't pay to speak out--too many nuts out there! Just pray and let the Lord deal with them! We had a three-police car-altercation at our clinic today to underscore this fact with me.
Mom

Randy et Jan said...

Last night was almost my last on earth as a SPEEDING car insisted on a non-existent right-of-way. If it hadn't been for a very quick swerve on the part of Bernard driving, he would have rammed right into me. Afterwards, he sped up, screeched in front of us, stopped, making us stop, and stomped over to Bernard's window to chew US out!! All I can say is, a soft answer really does turn away wrath! And thank you Lord for Your protection or I wouldn't be here!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Pepper spray or wasp spray is a good alternative to a taser. Wasp spray is good to carry in your car. It blinds for a short while but does no permanent damage. It also has about a 30 ft range with power for about 3 bucks.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Don't mess with Texas. (Or the insane).

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you should have just left it alone. What purpose did it serve. It caused you more aggravation and they could have cared less obviously.

Anonymous said...

Beware of road rage.Around here there are too many guys with shotguns in the back window of their truck. Also the hand guns that you can't see. On occasion an incident will be fatal to someone. I never make eye contact.