Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Things that have been happening lately:

  • The dog has taken to cornering the cats and barking at them until we go over and pet the cats and tell him that they are not vermin.
  • The dog has roundworms and at least one tape worm (thanks animal shelter).
  • The cats don't have worms. Yet.
  • I have three presentations in the next two weeks. One is scheduled for 20 minutes, one for 75 minutes, and one for 160 minutes.
  • I don't have anything to talk about for the long presentation because, 12 hours before our meeting to talk about the topic of my presentation, my adviser unexpectedly had her baby several weeks early.
  • On Tuesdays, I leave the house at 6:45 AM and don't get back until 8:45 PM.
  • I hate Tuesdays.
  • I put fire ant bait all over the yard, and I think the fire ants are all dead.
  • I'm not sure it will be safe to have a garden in the yard because of all the poison.
  • I hate fire ants and poison.
  • I said "y'all" today (on purpose).
  • I'm not sure how I felt about it. On the one hand, I recognize the clear need in the English language for a second-person plural. On the other hand, I'm not that acclimated yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your ants being dead. Look around a few days after the rain stops. They will be back. I have been fighting them for about thirty five years, they will certainly be around after my demise.

Anonymous said...

Y'everyone? You people? Youse?

Anonymous said...

Yay for y'all! Max, it sounds like you are working really hard in your program. I sure hope the cats don't get the worms...or you people either!!!!
Love you--mom

Anonymous said...

You won't need to use ant poison once you till the soil. They don't like areas of disturbed soil. I have seen ant mounds as big as vw beatles. Scary..