Monday, August 17, 2009

I realize it's been quite a while since I last posted. Quite a few things have been going on. Go ahead and feel free to blame the interruption on our internet service provider for installing our internet five days later than they were supposed to. Here's a summary of what's happened in the last week or so.

1. We returned from Europe and spent a few days in Michigan saying our goodbyes and prepping for our move.

2. We got a new (used) car.

3. We moved to the South, driving all 22 hours and 1275 miles with three cats in the back of the car.

4. We closed on our house.

5. We rented a U-haul truck, got our things out of storage, bought a washer, dryer, refrigerator, 2 chairs and 2 ottomans, and a non-motorized push mower (think green!).

6. We set up our new place: cleaned, unpacked, hooked up the washer/dryer, mowed the lawn, and turned on the water (by myself, with a crescent wrench, no thanks to the city but thanks to the city office worker who told me how I could do it so I wouldn't have to wait for a technician).

7. Made about 56 trips to Lowe's.

8. Went to our new schools for our first days.

9. Passed out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would have passed out at number #3!!!! Jan

Rebekah said...

What's life without all these crazy stories? BOOOORING. Proud of you and all your hard work (especially with the washer/dryer incidents)!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Thank goodness you are back online! I was having maxandsarah withdrawals!
Love Mom