Thursday, December 11, 2008

Today I went to the dentist for the first time in almost seven years. I'll be honest: I was a little embarrassed when revealing that fact to them. I'll be more honest: the hygienist spent about 30 minutes scraping plaque off my molars, and she looked physically tired by the time she'd finished. At the same time, I'd also like to point out that I had no cavities, and the dentist thought that my teeth were remarkably healthy, especially given the length of time between my visits. Then she tried to sell me 4 veneers (at $1100 a veneer) for my top four front teeth so that I could "get rid of those spaces" and "hide those tetracycline stains."*

Yeah, when I win the lottery. See you in 2016.


*I also just wanted to say thanks to the dermatologist who gave me the tetracycline in 1998 to clear up my acne. If you'd mentioned it was going to stain my teeth for life, I think I would have just gone with the Clearasil. Not everyone should go to medical school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Follow your dentist's advice for a new career in modeling! Jan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now you might want to consider returning to the dentist REGULARLY. I mean, they need to go to Aruba REGULARLY not every 7 years...

P.S. Did the acne clear up in '98?

Anonymous said...

No cavities! Did they take your picture and put it up on the door?

If I would have been a cyber-chondriac in those days, you would not have taken that medicine and would not have need of veneers on the radar.

your cyber-chondriac mom (I feel sure that's misspelled)

Anonymous said...

Did you explain to the dentist that you prefer those spaces between your teeth so that you don't have to floss! Jabron.