Sunday, July 06, 2008

I've begun to hope that, as I age, either (a) the people around me will begin to recognize that I have important things to say, or (b) I will begin to recognize that I don't have important things to say. If reality doesn't approach one of those outcomes, I'm envisioning some combination of a mountaintop hideout, excess facial hair, a 1200-page manifesto, and a lot of shouting at no one in particular.

In other news, our important things keep breaking, and I'm finding it increasingly irritating. In case you'd been wondering, this is why I can never bring myself to spend any of the money you've been sending for my birthday and Christmas gifts. A gas leak in the engine compartment, eh? Well, let me just plug it with these checks I've been hoarding for just such an occasion ... and they're a perfect fit! Good thing I didn't buy that Martin acoustic guitar I'd been 'saving' for: it wouldn't have fit under the alternator.

See what I did there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts are very important to us.

And, sorry about that Martin guitar not working out for the moment. I'm still waiting on my Porsche. Let's pray for each other.

Jabron

Anonymous said...

U R an Awesome young man. I think u r wonderful in every way.....