Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A fellow student whose first language is not English is graduating in a few days. Today I asked him if he had anything to do before graduation (I was thinking something along the lines of a final paper to finish). He told me that he just had to complete his duties at the psychology clinic. I asked him what that entailed. He replied, "I must terminate my patient."

Note to self: do not refer patients to that clinic.

(We had a good laugh when I explained the difference between what he said and what he meant).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha good thing you got to him before he told his patient that he would terminate him...

HOW THE HECK DO FOREIGNERS GRADUATE OUR COLLEGES? Do they get good grades on papers? i don't get it...

Anonymous said...

I think it is their grammer and speling...