Monday, May 07, 2007

Two things of note today: first, I was given the privilege of preaching the sermon at church today. The highlight, as Sarah would be quick to tell you, was probably when I said "we're all members of the body of Christ; it doesn't matter if you're a hand, a foot, or a butt hair, you still have an important roll to fill." There were no audible gasps from the congregation, so I'm pretty sure we're not going to get kicked out. Second, I spent several hours 'acting' in a (very) short film. It was fun. One of the guys who goes to our church is a film student, and he was doing a final project for a class. He needed to produce a 2-3 minute 'movie' with lots of computer generated special effects, and I got to jump around in front of a green screen and pretend to snowboard down a mountain; I also got to play with a light saber. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. When I get a copy, I'll see if he doesn't mind me passing it along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may finally get your big "break" and be discovered out in La La Land right when you come back to the winter wonder land.

Anonymous said...

Do you really mean that all those in the body of Christ fill a "roll?" I guess I'll be ham and cheese, please. Jan P.S. would love a copy of your sermon!

Anonymous said...

Audible gasps or audible gas from the congregation?

Jabron.