Friday, February 23, 2007

Today I saw an orthopedic surgeon to find out the results of my recent MRI. He said that my shoulder is fine. Interesting development.

I was under the impression that significant loss of ability and increase of pain was the opposite of fine. He suggested I have another surgeon take a look at my test results. He also diagnosed me with an impingement (when a tendon rubs against a rough patch of bone) and prescribed 6 weeks of physical therapy.

It is interesting to note that 7 years ago, a doctor prescribed me with an impingement and prescribed 6 weeks of physical therapy, saying that my pain would go away and my abilities would return (in a few months), unless I had a torn rotator cuff (in which case I would need surgery). Huh.

Oddly, the pain didn't go away, the abilities didn't return, and the most recent MRI showed that there was no tear in the rotator cuff.

Medicine is voodoo.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great. Now your mistrust in doctors is totally justified!

Anonymous said...

I hope you can keep going with the doctors until this gets figured out! Not the favorite thing to do, I know, but it's gotta be SOMETHING! Jan

Anonymous said...

Maybe you're right that "Medicine is voodoo." Could there be someone that you play against on Monday nights that is so frustrated trying to guard you that he is willing to stick a pin in a "Max doll" to mess up your shooting arm?

Jabron.