Saturday, February 10, 2007

I went to see an orthopedist today (orthopaedist, to be technically, rather than colloquially, correct). He said that my arm will halve to be amputated.

Actually, he said that I might have a SLAP tear/lesion (i.e., superior labial anterior to posterior--i.e., a partial ripping in the tendon that runs from the shoulder muscle to the bicep) . Coincidentally, I diagnosed myself with this two weeks ago. Interesting. I have to schedule an MRI next week. Possible treatments include physical therapy (BOOOOOO!!!!!) and arthroscopic surgery (BOOOO!!!! for 4 months of recovery; YAY!!!!! for 25 more years of playing sports). We'll see what happens.

Did you notice my pun?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or, you could learn to shoot with the other arm. In any case, you'll need 25 more years of experience to reach my level of play! Jabron.

Sarah said...

Hey, don't forget to mention that the doctor said you had incredibly developed deltoids!

Anonymous said...

Glad it doesn't halve to be amputated. gm