Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Randy and Jan used to live near the town of Lorrach in southwestern Germany. I've been there a few times to play and watch basketball, do shopping, etc. Recently, there was a brawl in front of the town hall (the rathaus, I believe, in German). Apparently, a woman was 230 feet up and threatening to jump, and some teenagers (among the crowd of hundreds) began encouraging her to hurry up. A number of homeless people tried to stop the teens, and a brawl ensued. I think it says something about society when homeless people are more moral than young people.

You can read the article here. You can read another account of of morality in a person without a home here. Actually you can't. I thought Yahoo archived their news stories, but they don't. This means all my news links will eventually be deactivated. Bummer. Oh well, you can read what I wrote about it here. It's under July 26.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that is really crazy. I like your news briefings.

Anonymous said...

Max, with your workload, I wouldn't be surprised if you'll be the next one to jump! Don't. We love you too much. Randy

Anonymous said...

In the article, it was reported that the brawl was not seen by the would-be jumper, however, our God saw it all. Let us try to be more loving and trusting in the True Savior of our lives...hint, that Savior is Jesus.

Anonymous said...

I went to the site for Lorrach. Did you see that there chocholate factory is in Milka...milka chocholate (yes, I misspelled something in this blog comment) How do you spell that particular delicacy...how do you spell delicacy...I better stop before I miss another word, on second thought I will make this anonymous and no one will know my disability.