Tuesday, October 31, 2006

So this morning I went online and checked our bank account balance. It seems that we've gotten our money back already. May I be the first to say, God works quickly.

In other crime-related news, my mother is a social worker in the downtown area of the 3rd most dangerous city in the United States (see link for complete rankings). And, if I'm not mistaken, the ranking was based on the sheer number of crimes. Flint has a population of 120,000. Detroit, ranked #2, has a population of 950,000. St. Louis, ranked most dangerous, has a population of 350,000. In order to keep up, individual residents of Flint must commit far more crimes than residents of the other two cities. Pray for Mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY ON THE MONEY! And yeah what the crap...I read that too. I didn't know Flint was that bad!

Anonymous said...

From what I am hearing, New Orleans may soon outrank Flint!

Glad you got your money back.

Love,

gram

Anonymous said...

Yes, great news about the money!

We'll be praying for Brenda's physical protection. With Michigan's unemployment on the rise, we imagine that Detroit and Flint might surpass St. Louis' claim-to-fame! Take care, Brenda!

XOXO Randy et Jan