Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I apologize to in advance to those of you who are not interested in golf or sunburns. Turn back while there’s still time. To address the comments, I was moderately satisfied with my game. There was a time when I would have been horrified by my score (92), but those times are not these times. It was my first round since August, so I was actually pretty pleased with the fact that I finished with par-birdie on the front (to save 48) and later ended with a mediocre (but consistent) 6 straight bogies to shoot 44 on the back. My putting was solid (33 total putts), but this was mostly because my chipping/pitching helped me to get close on most holes. My longest drive was actually a pair of 335-yard bombs (a few yards off the green on an easy par 4 and to the 200-yard-marker on a long par 5). The course was similar to others I have played: long, fairly flat, not many hazards, sparse trees around most fairways. I walked. I didn’t feel any earthquakes (incidentally, I don’t think we’ve had any since moving here; hopefully it will stay that way…). Unfortunately, I didn’t do nearly as much talking with God as with the other player in my pairing. The round took so long because the course was packed; things get backed up when a city (Costa Mesa) has 100,000 people and public golf course. It was actually my third sunburn in California; I spend at least 45 minutes outside every day in the evening, and I’ve been lulled into a false sense of security (since I’m always outside, my brain doesn’t stop to think that I’m not tan and will get burned if I go out in the middle of the day), and the burns always sneak up on me. Skin cancer is never a friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thank you for all the info in your blog blast of golf. Apparently, I didn't read yesterday's postings. I was in blog fog battling the evil password king...I lost tow arms...you towwwwwww