Wednesday, May 03, 2006

As it turns out, Sarah does have some restraint when it comes to ice cream. As many of you know, one of her birthday presents was to eat as much of the stuff as she wanted (something she previously has suggested that she dreams about). My only expectation for the adventure was a trip to the hospital (lactose intolerance + love for ice cream + lack of inhibition = death of my wife, and, incidentally, of me [methane poisoning]). I just kept thinking about how a beagle puppy will ignore pain and eat as long as food is present (until its stomach eventually bursts). Sarah, I now realize, is not a beagle. She was actually quite responsible, stopping when Dairy Queen ran out of ice cream and begged us to leave. I mean, when she was full. On my birthday, I'm going to see if I can fit a whole pie in my mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Happy Birthday Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!