Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I would like to share my feelings in the words of this unknown author:

Dr. Seuss on IEPs
Do you like these IEP's?

I do not like these IEP's
I do not like them, Jeeze Louise
We test, we check, we plan, we meet
But nothing ever seems complete.

Would you, could you
Like the form?
I do not like the form I see
Not page 1, not 2, not 3
Another change, a brand new box
I think we all have lost our rocks.

Could you all meet here or there?
We could not all meet here or there.
We cannot all fit anywhere.
Not in a room, not in the hall
There seems to be no space at all.
Would you, could you meet again?

I cannot meet again next week
No lunch, no prep--please hear me speak.
No, not at dusk. No, not at dawn
At 4 pm I should be gone.

Could you hear while all speak out?
Would you write the words they spout?

I could not hear, I would not write
This does not need to be a fight.
Sign here, date there,
Mark this, check that
Beware the student's ad-vo-cat(e).

You do not like them, so you say
Try again! Try again! And you may.

If you will let me be,
I will try again, you'll see.
Say! I almost like these IEP's
I think I'll write 6003.
And I will practice day and night
Until they say"You got it right!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, wow, did you write that or was it plaginyoureyes

Anonymous said...

I am going to pass this along to my co-workers in the sp.ed dept.

Max said...

Nope, it was plagiarized. How do you spell plagiarized anyway? playgoreyes? plagerise? ??

Max said...

That was actually Sarah not Max