Thursday, December 01, 2005

As predicted, I’ve already lost one basketball player to grades, and another quit on Monday. What I did not foresee was my adding two new players, which bumped me back to 18. The sheer number hasn’t been a problem, but apparently we’re three jerseys short (there’s some sort of budget issue), and not only are we short uniforms, but the ones we have are hand-me-downs from the GIRLS JV team. Eighth grade boys with girls uniforms, ouch. I am now struck by the ratio of consonants to vowels at the end of “eighth”. Look at all of them. Look! It doesn’t make any sense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's me the vonstanant guy. I once coached 18 in junior high, at least I think I did, but really, I don't remember. I am sure it all worked out, I think it did anyway...

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you I like both vowels and constanants? Anyway, 18 is a great number. My lucky #, I think it is, anyway, as long as I love Christ all things work together for good...18 even.

Max said...

Hopefully we score more than 18 points in our first game (this Thursday); I don't think that would be very lucky.