Thursday, November 24, 2005

Peter is here with us today. Right now he is, as he put it, “waking up.” And by that, I’m sure he meant “lying down and going back to sleep.” In any case, I’m sure he’s still tuckered out from last night: he spent an understandably excruciating 2 hours and 8 minutes with Sarah as they watched the new version of “Pride and Prejudice”. It’s great to have him here with us: after all I would have gladly paid not to see the movie. In reality, I have two fake explanations for not going to see it: 1) I’ve already read the book and don’t want to ruin it, or 2) I refuse to watch movies based on books that they have to make people read (in school). Go ahead and take your pick.

We’ll be spending the day today with Minnie and some friends of hers and some friends of theirs and friends of theirs. Apparently, in years past, it’s been quite a gathering. To be sure, my back is beginning to hurt just thinking about it. Not that I don’t like people; I’m just a little on the reclusive side of reclusive. In any event, it will be strange not spending Thanksgiving in Michigan. This will be the first in probably 15 years that I haven’t been there.

2 comments:

Max said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Max said...

I knew from the beginning; and you only thought so highly of the food because you've been having to subsist on dorm fare for the last 3 months...