Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Today I ate a brownie that may or may not have tasted like pineapple (it did). The brownie traveled 2300 miles so that it might or might not end up in my stomach (it did), and inevitably in the septic system (it will).

Speaking of septic systems, an interesting point has been brought to my attention: it is quite possible (or, more precisely, impossible) that NASA or, more likely, the Russian Space Agency, planted the toddler-monkey in my apartment to make some inane attempt to persuade me to join their ranks. Let me just say, I’m on to you: not today, friends, not today.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

It seems to me that after you had learned of my brownie-cooking on the eve of my exam, and wished me to enjoy them, rather than let me eat the entirety of the pan, or better yet, rather than allow me to eat one brownie on your behalf, instead, you had to be selfish and bluntly request that I SEND one to you, for YOUR enjoyment. Well now, I guess you're NOT going to be a good astronaut, regardless of toddler-monkey influences, if you don't know that the cosmos doesn't revolve around you.
"Oh be careful little mouth what you eat! Clap! Clap!"

Max said...

If I'd wanted a corner piece, I'd have asked for a corner piece. Get it right next time.