Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I saw Stevie Wonder on TV today. The event wasn’t really out of the ordinary (I’m quite sure he’s been on TV before); at least, it wasn’t until I said to Sarah, “Don’t turn it from Stevie Wonder.” She was quiet for a minute, then replied, “Why’s he wearing sunglasses inside? Is he blind?” Just as growing up in Europe would be no excuse for ignorance of the sky’s blueness, so too is it not an excuse for this…

Then again, I don't speak other languages fluently, so I guess we all have our issues.

1 comment:

Max said...

Max not Sarah said...
I would tend to agree with you; however, and it's a very important however, Stevie Wonder is above popular media: the man has head a hit song in every of the past 5 decades. If you polled everyone who owns an ear, you would find that 107.98% of them know that Stevie Wonder doesn't wear sunglasses just to look cool. Conversely, probably only 48% could name all four beatles. Go buy a TV.