Sunday, October 09, 2005

I just watched one orangutan sneak up behind another, attempt to push him down a hill, and run away. I also saw a raccoon break into a house and steal a welcome mat. Somewhere in there, I’m quite sure those events are bursting with insightful lessons about human nature, but I’m left with some questions that I’d really like answered. 1) Why did the monkey push the other monkey (From the expression on the pushers face, I could tell that no malfeasance was intended; it was more of a prank, but why?)? 2) What happened when the pushee caught up with the pusher? 3) What does a raccoon do with a stolen welcome mat, sell it to a badger?

6 comments:

2 bees said...

You may have been hoping we would assume you were watching "NOVA" or some scientific study of animal behavior but, no; I'm on to ya, pal. We watched "Funniest Home Videos" too.
I don't know about the orangutan, but I think the raccoon rolled up in the mat and mailed himself to your apartment.
Seriously though, those orangutans would fit in well in our family, don't you think?

Max said...

Maybe those videos were clips stolen from a NOVA special, did you ever think of that?

2 bees said...

Wow. They called me an author! I'll have to mess up and delete myself more often.
But I didn't realize they were going to publicize the fact that I had to erase. So, I will repeat the comment I deleted to offset any untoward speculation that it was negative or otherwise earthshaking. Here's what I said:

"No. But I think you did, so maybe I really did, since you said it."

That should settle the matter, if it was in fact a matter.

2 bees said...

Hey, sorry. You won't get my last post since they erased the notice of my previous delete. Never mind. Move on then. They did call me "author" though.

Max said...

Sure "they" did. And were "they" also little green men with pointy ears and magic wands?

2 bees said...

Yes! So you've seen them too...