Wednesday, August 03, 2005

As you’ve probably noted, I’m trying not to be an astronaut. One aspect of this endeavor is that I don’t pay attention to astronaut related news, facts, or advertisements for freeze dried food. Unfortunately, this has been difficult recently. Apparently, the most recent run of the Discovery shuttle has had some mechanical difficulties. I know, because every time I turn on the TV or look in the newspaper, there’s incessant talk about insulation this, and insulation this.

Actually, now that I think about it, it’s really just insulation this. So what I’m really wondering is, are they astronauts or handymen (and women…)? Because I definitely know how to cut off an inch of insulation with a box cutter. This makes me nervous. Will I be recruited? Asked to lend my expertise? Hated by astronauts and astronaut fans for suggesting that the modern spaceman (and woman) is a glorified janitor. Not uncategorically, yes.

I didn’t mean it.

No comments: